Why Dont I Like Alcohol?



I have many unevitable experiences where i NEED to drink, mostly due to my work nature where I get to meet journalists from all over the world.

When people gather up in a crowd, the usual pastime always has to be 'cigars, wine and women', as aptly put by Rose (Kate Winslet) in TITANIC the movie.

While I am nonchalant towards the pros and cons about drinking (whether moderate or excessive) in times like medieval or pre-war Europe, I am greatly obnoxious towards the same in modern times.

The reasons for thinking so are few:, but being labeled ' a saint' is hardly one of them.

Never in my life do I think of anyone 'saint' enough to be named one, so 'a saint' could not exist by just not drinking alcohol. To think in that direction is only a smirk short of being sarcastic.

Now, to the true reasons WHY I DO NOT LIKE TO DRINK.

First, the drink is costly.

Second, the quality-to-value-to-price ratio of such drinks is overly abused by businessmen, hence, makes it diffficult to differentiate the really good ones from the bad ones, especially in an age where the number of BAD overwhelms the GOOD.

Third and Lastly( and also most important of all), I personally think 'alcohol' tastes LOUSY. I cannot think of any single reason, why I need to pay a hefty price in order to shove something that tastes so BAD into my mouth, less mention about swallowing it down my throat.

.....And worst of all, risk blurting wonderful speeches that can provoke brawls, while having to bear the headiness till the very next morning.

In a family, if both husband and wife love to drink like no tomorrow, that'll be fine, but if only one party drinks, the other party is bound to suffer unknowable trauma whenever the drunken party creates havoc.

Havoc here means, giving funny, unbearable speeches, throwing things around, performing unsightly acts or just throwing up. Try to imagine what their loved ones have to put up with, and you understand what I meant here.

So, brushing aside the possibility of becoming an angel, or a saint, there exist NO INCENTIVE to drink any amount of alcohol.

Comments