intel eat their words

i bought an intel desktop board D915GEV serial no  BTEV53105670 AA
C63670-304 and intel p4 processor 2.66/533 506 SL8J8 CHINA 5525A509.
35523316-B2566 on 30th September 2005 from a dealer in KL. 7 months down
the road, the cpu fan became noisy, and i experienced delayed response from
the computer.
since the thing is still under warranty, i sent it back to the dealer,
where they say they need to package the board and processor with fan to
intel for claims to be made. although 7 months from the date of purchase,
there was no comparable replacement fan available for sale, and i could not
afford the downtime needed to make my claim for replacement fan. so i had
no choice but to buy another third party compatible fan, in order to be
able to continue my work.
meanwhile, i installed the fan and everything got to normal, i could do my
work, then i proceed to call 1800801390 for help. needless to say, intel
helpline assigned a technical engineer to answer my questions, in fact i
had to answer more questions than i could get answers to my problem. after
relaying all that i've written above, the engineer tobld me to open up my
cpu and look inside for the serial nos to the cpu and board. with the
relevant particulars in hand i call back intel, but could not get the same
engineer to listen, another engineer attended to me, instead on giving me
light on how to make a claim, he instead asked me about how i knew the fan
was atfault. he said it might be the chassis problem, might be processor
heated up, might be bios problem, he recommended i update the board's bios
first, and then want me to check the temperature of cpu, etc, etc. he also
blame it on the motherboard, how am i going to get things sorted out if
these technical engineers keep on asking me technical questions? if intel
is not going to replace the fan, just mention it in the warranty document,
there's no need to kick me from one problem to another. i'll just eat up
my losses and carry on with my work. just that there will never be anymore
intel products in my future purchases.

Comments