bird's nest nutritional value

It's not surprising that the health ministry has been harping on the bird's nests exports to China issue, running on for 3 days. I have never seen the malaysian government officials SO CONCERNED ABOUT A TRADING ISSUE, for that long. After so many thousand years of hoohah with this bird's nest medicinal and nutritional value, it's time bird's nest consumers get to know about the solid facts. Nutrionists have already researched that only those bird's nests from swallow of the Sarawakian. Niah caves have high protein and gelatin. This is due to the birds feeding on something native to Sarawakian jungle. The recent spat from China about bird's nests, is that the Chinese have doubts towards the nutritional value of bird's nests from Peninsular Malaysia. They knew that those swallows are commercially bred and farmed in converted shoplots, and not from naturally occuring environments. They therefore suggested swallows farmers embed a gps chip inside each bird, so that they can keep track of where the birds fly to get their food. In reality, most swallow farmers fed the birds with commercial bird feed. The scenario is similar to chicken farming, we always prefer chicken which fed on corm and natrral food. Those produced from large scale poutry factories do not taste as good. Similarly, bird's nests from swallows that feed on artificial food won't have the same nutritional value as those that occur naturally. I believe this bird's nest thing is over-promoted, I for one never consumed any bird's nest. In my life, and yet I can see my complexion better than many friends who consumed a lot of it (and are younger than me). I am not despising the value of bird's nests, rather, I believe many people who consumed bird's nests DO NOT KNOW THE ACTUAL SOURCE OF THESE FOODSTUFF, mainly because the usual consumer won't know how to differentiate the products displayed IN A SHOP. I do not think anyone could have any proven way to TELL, right?

Comments