Because you paid dearly...

Last night we visited my sister-in-law's house. While chatting, she complained about some pain in her neck. The pain extended all the way to a major portion of muscles on her back, so intense she had to slap on a dozen or so medicinal plasters. Wife recommended she drink more water, preferably with a pinch of salt. She was also advised to refrain from eating any fried or heaty food. Reason: heat from longterm work stress accumulated in the muscles. This morning, Sil phoned to inform that her neckpain got worst, and she had to see a doctor. Doctor diagnosed her condition like what wife told her the night before. SIL said, my wife could be a doctor, except that she did not have the sandpaper (paper qualifications). Ya, people only get convinced when they have to spend money. This reminded me of an episode during my stint with a PLC. When one of the directors wanted to embark on a 20 million new project, I stopped him from going ahead by submitting some possible trappings in the plan, but advice wasn't heeded, mainly due to me not having any proper paper qualifications. Modern age businessmen choose to listen to people with certs over those with experience, and that project eventually met its Waterloo,like what I anticipated. There and then, the director came and ask me to for some remedials , I put forward such a question: how come you have confidence in me NOW? His answer: because you proved yourself right. I said, No, it's because you have PAID dearly.

Comments