feel good news

When I saw on TV the news report about the malaysian PM Mr. Najis heading an army of doggy followers to scream and shout protests wanting Lynas to move their rare earth waste disposal plans away from Kuantan, I could not help but laugh jeeringly. To me, those doggies and doggy masters were initially the ones who approve that Lynas project, so protesting the same is like slapping their very own face again. We have a proverb for such behavior: the god is you, so is the devil. In other words, 'tu-han' also means 'han-tu'. Not withstanding that the news coverage is also a ploy to garner goodwill in view of the looming GE13, I have to reveal that there exist an even more laughable situation. Just before they broadcast the news, I was in the midst of watching a drama programme, when the commercials cut in, the TV screen showed a brilliantly designed page with such a message: 'good feelings return after this'. Immediately taking over from that was a preview of the upcoming news report with Mr. Najis' face splashed stark in the middle of the preview. Well, I admire the TV crew, they do have a sharp eye with respect to what's GOOD and what's BAD. Sure enough, I did feel very GOOD when the news preview was finally over and the drama session back on track.

Comments