CHANGE FOR THE BETTER....

Previously, I was so used to being compelled by the BN-led govt (and its public servants) to just take things as it was.
Then, as i grew older and wanted all my basic facilities to be in order (at least in my own locality), i become grumpy and sarcastic towards the public servants manning our public service delivery counters.
After getting bored from making formal complaints and not receiving response, i resort to yelling, cursing and banging on tables. I admit this is the wrong way to get things done. I do not intend to get a heartache by asking the
govt to do its job, although i know THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE AUTHORITIES TO SIT UP AND LISTEN, and consequently attend to my complaints.

I do not care too much about what type of high-rise buildings being built, what type of space programs formulated for our teh-tarik experiments, what type of non-diving submarines for the navy, what type of leaking palatial court complex that run into billions ringgit of expenses.

What i am talking here is about:
1. Dirty roads
2. Clogged drains
3. Potholes
4. Unlit road lights
5. Rubbish collection
6, and all matters related to living environment, etc, etc. Things that are important to my daily life.

For all I knew, if i do not have a normal and healthy live, no point wearing the most expensive apparels.
So, whether or not our Us are listed in the top 10 list, that is not important.

I do not know about the situation in areas other than where i live.

BUT,

I knew one thing for sure. And i saw with my own eyes.

Ever since the pakatan govt took over administration of the Selangor state, I never have to make one single complaint to get that list of 6 items properly done (at least this is irony in my area).They have frequent and properly scheduled maintenance visits to ensure everything is in order. In fact, road lights have never been out for more than one night.

Even the BN Adun in my area has to buckle up and do his work (as compared to those BN days, he worked a lot harder, never before seen in the previous 3 terms) .

Call that a miracle, and I have to admit, this is the work of the present Selangor govt. Yes, the town council officers are still the same old people as them during the BN era. It takes just simple reasoning to know that, this is due to a BETTER 'top management' team. With Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim as MB, everybody sitting in the state's public delivery system have to buckle up.

There is no sense in making a lot of bombastic speeches, and plucking numbers from the sky telling me (by printing the words in the media) how good our country is, when i can actually see and feel the sincerity of the Selangor govt in making this place a better living environment.

Having given the BN govt 5 votes and the last 2(out of frustration towards the former) to the opposition, made me realise how much trust i wasted in the BN govt.

If anyone is going to tell me that BN is a donkey, and PR is a monkey, I WILL CHOOSE THIS MONKEY. At least, i know this monkey is going to spend my taxes on maintaining the basic facilities and make my country look decent, and not on superficial glamour.

Comments