TM Broadband, CRAP, when you have no choice at all, take the least advanced choice

Too many time have I heard internet users complaining about TM broadband's services. The amusing part of those complaints is that, they are almost similar, SLOW, CRAPPY. That is why when I decided to move from 1515 dail-up to broadband, it is mainly based upon 'monthly savings' and not 'speed'. Especially after reading from The Star's InTech article, where they reported Google experts warning users about ISPs (TM is the monopolised player in Malaysia) being able to throttle down your upload and download speeds as and when the they desire, I never believe broadband speed is something to shout about in this country called Malaysia. NEVER. And to fulfil my motive of 'savings' (and also prevent future 'speed throttling frustration" from the TM people for at least the 2 years bonded into each package), I took the lowest speed on offer, and of course, cheapest of all. Before that, I actually went to some internet cafes to do some 'testdrive', and I found out that, BROADBAND (or streamyx, or Unifi, they are all the same crap) is in effect only good for online gaming. When you are doing gaming and web surfing, those web sites are offering fully open ports for you to access, thus the SPEED. BUT when you want to access local (Malaysian servers), they are using the same weak connection offered by TM, so, NO SPEED. I found that uploading of files using broadband is not much faster compared to 1515 dail-up, hence the decision to take up a 'slowest (and cheapest)' package. Yes, TM still imposed a 2-year bond on the package. Mind you, barely 3 months subscribing to that streamyx paxkage, TM personnel called to offer all sorts of upgrading packages to me; like streamyx 1MBps, or Unifi, They even promised free installation, plus 3-months free usage. BUT the monthly fees will be more than double of what I am paying today. Do you know that TM has a safety net for themselves? They will impose a cancellation fee of RM200 and on-site personnel service charge of RM50 in case I want to terminate the Unifi connection (or revert back) before the term of 2 years. That they set such a condition for selling a product/service makes me dubious about the SPEED, or satisfaction level of their UNIFI on offer. Which is why , I turned them down. Pay less, frustrate less. This is the type of services we can have in Bad-Notorious-governed Malaysia.

Comments