I LOVE iphones and ipads

I never realise how poisonous the ipad and iphone craze have become, until today, at the regular hawker stall, I saw a couple sitting at a table with their food in front of them, not talking to each other, heads and eyes glued to the iphones in their left hands, while feeding themselves with the right. The man even walk to the kitchen counter to get extra chili paste, with the left hand still swiping and tapping on his iphone screen, eyes darting alternately between phone and chili saucer.
Before this, I also saw a family of 4 doing their shopping at a supermarket, father and mother each with an iphone doing their usual swiping and tapping stunts, daughter and son using one hand each to push the shopping trolley, and they each carry an ipad. The son was using the ipad to 'SNAP' pictures of the surroundings (for sight-seeing memoirs, i presume, as if that is the most hitech camera in the world) and the girl playing an action arcade game, with boom, kaboom, ptang, sounds emitting here and there.
That really was a scene.

Now, I ocassionally have young nephews and nieces asking me what type of games I store in my phone (nope, I never play with apples, they are for my stomach) Sorry, I hate digital games. These nephews and nieces are too poisoned by the 'i' craze, that they lost track of their schooling activities, and get haunted by the iphones/ipads day-in-day-out. I heard the iPad version 3, is due to be out in the market, time for upgrade again, anyone. Please line up two nights ahead and camp outside the 'i' apple stores to grab one.

Comments