I won't Visit China

The last two days of tv news had me in a shock.
Two days ago, 17-10-2011, they broadcasted a video of an accident where a van knocked down a small girl in a highly-populated area of Foshan.
The poor girl was run over by the left front wheel and, knowing that he hit somebody the van driver stopped hesitantly. The victim, as seen in the video was in agony from injury to her lower limbs. I screamed when the video showed the van driver continue to run his rear wheel over the injured girl's body, after only stopping momentarily.

It was drizzling at the time of accident, and people walking by were caught on video showing their total disregard to the accident victim.
As the poor girl lie there in the middle of the road, numerous pedestrians passed her as if he was only a rubbish lump on the road.

What really ruined my next two days was; another 3-ton lorry came rushing in the same direction as the previous van, and the wheels ran over the victim with total inhumanity.

The incident troubled me for the whole day, until the tv repeated a censored transmission of the same. The whole scene was blurred compared to the first broadcast, but readout of the news reported that the van driver has already turned himself in with regard to the accident.

The reason he came up with; as to why he drove away from the scene, was that he knew the penalties for causing death in a road accident was lighter than causing injury, hence the drastic response.

Notwithstanding the fact that the girl's parents would be in fault for ignorance, passers-by and the lorry driver for disregard to road users,the van driver for all of the same, I made up my mind NEVER to visit any of China's destinations in my life.

I fear, IF i were to be knocked down by any vehicle in this country, they would certainly run me down till death, in view of the stupid road regulations, and the people's indifference to things happening around them.

SO, NO GO CHINA for any future vacations.


Comments