Did you PULL your hair today?

I believe many a time, one would encounter some kind of serious hiccup with the computer while doing some urgent work.

The usual response from a typical user, would be to mumble some disatisfaction, bang hard on the keyboard, or worst still; pull some ahir from oneself's fuming brain shell.

Of course we know, the last and simplest resort: lug it to the IT shop. And that means: DOWNTIME. which is the least item we wanted on our list of URGENT things.

Now that the computer is down with the gremlins, have you for once try to recall; WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WIPED THE COMPUTER CLEAN? Don't try to explain that you have everything in an enclosed air-conditioned room. Dust penetrates anything.

And I won't want to explain that even YOU, who locks yourself in an air-conditioned room/car/shopping complex all the time, NEED to CLEAN yourself up.

Now, what I am trying to convey here is something on a level higher than your and my intelligence.

Wife has been having some sort of video signalling problem with her computer set this few days. My remedy was to:
1. Switch down.
2. Unplug from the wall.
3. Wait. (How long? It depends, 10 mins, 20, 30 maybe BUT definitely not 2 seconds)

Today, it happens again.
Wife was so disgruntled that she decided to go on strike TOO.
Ya, she tried my remedy 5-6 times and still had the same headache. Lucky for her, just short of pulling her hair.

5 mins later I decided to give the set a check. I was prepared for the worst, it may be a circuit short in the motherboard (these things happen very often when a tiny dust speck could bridge any two parallel connection and BLEW the whole thing), and took out my toolbox.

Before commencing to uscrew the back cover, I gently 'smother' the CPU casing, and thought: why are you always throwing tantrums? Are you sure you won't want to WORK?

I decided to give it one last try, plug the set in, pushed on the power button and crossed my fingers.

IT BOOTED UP !!

Seeing that the computer worked fine, I proceeded to clear off some unwanted files (there always are a lot of these after some usage).
Where's the problem? Nowhere to be seen.
It healed !!!

Wife was amazed at first, doubtful then about why the computer 'BULLIED' her.
I just say: You have to trust me, a computer set is also like you and I, It has a temper too. You need to talk to it in a nice way in order to get it working obediently.

Yes, it's true, I have done this dozens of times, and it's miraculously 'ZEN'. There is no explanation to this, much as we can't explain why humans sometimes get stressed up.
So, the next time you want to do something, apply the Law of Attraction.

Good attracts GOOD.

Comments