Are we living in Malaysia OR MALU-sia?

There was a time when I have to surf the eBay pages for some old battery operated items/accessories/parts (which cannot be found locally anymore), because I do not like the idea of having to chug away reparable tools.
Searching the web allowed me to re-deploy the otherwise-useless tools to good use.
There are many advantageous points to this:
1. as stated before, you can find parts (even very old ones) at very cheap prices.
2. You find that those parts (or whole items) sourced from the US aftermarket are in fact of higher quality than those we had locally.
3. Even if you can find those parts locally, they are still priced a lot more than what you pay to eBay inclusive of shipping costs (it's true).
4. Better still, you may bump into one or two items that you find useful, and that they have never been available locally.

What I am about to tell here, is not concerned with the items, rather with the way I have to pay for them.

Yes, you have to sign up with a PayPal account, and as they say, all transactions would be 'securely' processed online. Well, so far, I find that the security issues haven't been a problem with me, except for one ,which caused a doubt in me.

I found that the transaction which remit my payment to PayPal has to go through a node in Singapore, instead of being direct from local bank nodes.

The doubt is: Is Malaysia not on the list of 'trustable' agents when it comes to online trading?

This doubt alone wouldn't warrant a certain answer, BUT something on the eBay confirmed my doubt.

Many of the online dealers with eBay have quite a long list of countries which they do not wish to trade with. And you guess it, YES, Malaysia is on those lists. Isn't that something which can make us MALU?

It baffles me when all this while, our highly-inspired country leaders  have been harping about HOW GOOD our economy was, HOW GOOD we fared amongst other countries globally, blah-blah-blah, etc...

Now I have one more doubt. Are we living in a country called MALU-sai?

Comments