Insurance companies only insure themselves

On the 20th of May 2005, Teo Bee Chin(701212015418) driving a Proton Waja WJK9855 carelessly caused an accident, resulting in my car having got front and back damages.

Being insured under Axa Affin Assurance, and after 8 years of insuring with them, I decided to engage the services of their AXA Smartdrive Assistance, some helpful voice over there recommended to make use of ODKFK claims procedure. I've double checked with the person concerned about whether I could make claims on the so called "betterment" costs incurred, the helpful person repeatedly assured me that the money could be claimed.

And so I go forward with the ODKFK process, while in the process of getting my car repaired, I have mentioned that if this claim process would incur any charges on my part (and if it is not claimable), I would want the ODKFK to terminate.

After getting all the neccessary confirmations and getting my car repaired, I submitted claims to the party at fault(ING Ins Bhd-17005-P- insurer of WJK9853), intending to claim back my expenses.

After a long waiting period, ING offered to pay only 4 x 30 RM for loss of use, and only RM30 for my documentation. They never did mention anything about "betterment" expenses.
I could not accept the fact that I have to bear this cost just because someone else drove her car carelessly.
If I were to scoff up the "betterment" costs myself, it would mean, I as a careful driver (without a single fault for 8 years), have to bear a loss greater than the person who caused the accident in the first place.

Firstly, I am complaining that ING's offer of RM30 for 4 days is not acceptable, in that RM30 could not even pay for the rental of a car, let alone one comparable to mine.

Secondly, ING's offer of RM30 for documentation is a shortchange to what I submitted, my total is RM36, either they have bad accountants, or they do not have money to buy reliable calculators. (Maybe the RM4 difference could help them to get one.)

Thirdly, I am beginning to believe, this ODKFK is designed to disillusion motorists, or to make us get confused about getting compensation.
When I checked with some other repair shops, they told me that the purchase of new original parts for the repair of my car only comes up to RM800, how in the world the "betterment" costs can be a whopping RM900? Doesn't that mean I am paying for the repairs myself if ING is reluctant to pay up?

Fourthly, when I got back my car for use, I experienced a leak in my radiator just 3 days later. This could be attributed to the adjustor hired by AXA not being able to do a clean and thorough job of inspecting damages to my car.

Having suffered so much from the services of the Insurance industry, I have come to believe that motorists who drive carefully get punished more than those who drive carelessly in the event of an accident, its no wonder our roads are filled with bloodied accidents, since there is no incentive for driving courteously, and also not enough punishment for those who are bad drivers?

Lastly, it is no wonder that insurance companies go bankrupt and need to be combined time and again, judging by the incompetence and truancy displayed, one have to take a bow.

Comments